Letting Agents Service?

bemo

Do you think it is important for agents to be associate members of bodies such as ARLA, NAEA, UKALA, NALS?

Definitely!! I think that it gives you more peace of mind and if things goes wrong you have a professional body you can speak to and get further advice.

I just thought it maybe interesting to get a discussion going involving tenants, landlords and agents!?

It may help people looking to rent and or agents looking to improve upon service etc??

We need some tenants comments...

Dont you think most tenants would rather deal with Agents?

I think the reverse is true for most landlords, as they want a good agent to deal with the tenants?

I would say that it depends on a few things such as do you have the time as a landlord to be able to arrange things during your working day to answer calls from your tenant or would you rather the agent take care of it for you. A good agent will take all the hassle off your hands and you will just authorise any necessary repairs on the property. Bad ones will cause more problems than they will solve!

From a tenants point of view I would imagine that you would rather sometimes go through a company as there should be more help available but then again when you look at the forums this isnt always the case!

Tenant application fees, just how much is a fair charge?

£50

£100

£0!?

£0 ---- For definite.

My girlfriend and I are currently wrangling with our letting's agents about £150 they want from us as an "administration fee" for re-signing our contract with them. One of the girls who left an answering machine message called it a "finders fee"... oops.

Furthermore, i'd much rather deal with a Private LL than an Agency next time...

I'm on the verge of telling them where to stick the whole thing to be honest as a. We can't really afford £150 that we don't get anything from and they have done pretty much zero for us. Our boiler went funny 2 weeks before christmas and long story short, its only just been sorted.

Anyway, some advice please, we have already signed a contract for the 12 months from this July the 1st and have an existing bond etc etc... If we pull out now do you think they'll fine us some more ridiculous fees?

So this is a renewal fee for a property you're already living in, and you have already re-signed the new contract?

Yes we re-signed as when we went into the office there was no re-signing on fee mentioned. It was only until about 6 weeks after we'd signed again that there came an e-mail asking us for the fee of £150, also a telephone call earlier today which i missed due to being in a meeting.