What do you all want from a night out?

nightlife

Post your idea's here. What do you want from a night out in Sheffield?

What appeals to you?

What music do you want to hear throughout the night?

What about current drinks prices? are they too expensive?

Do drinks offers put you off going to certain places?

I like Old House, The Bowery as my two bars to drink in at the moment. Harley and Bungalows and bears for specific events. Common Room and Forum occasionally.

Green room seem to be making more of an effort again.

Basically Dev Green area.

i like DQ, Pet Sounds and Brighton Beach and wish Sola, in its original state, still existed!

I don't like West Street, particularly the bottom end of it although look forward to mentholman's takeover of west street live.

I like a DJ so the music can be adapted to the sort of people in and the vibe of the night which is why i like the aforementioned venues. I like to listen to a mix of music, mainly indie but with some Motown, Stax, madchester, and electism thrown in, I realised i like a lot of goth music last night! :D

I like a good choice of drinks available, drinks offers on cocktails are always good but i don't necessarily want cheapness all the time as that usually equals trouble.

I like somewhere to sit these days so i can chat to my mates but i like a well defined dancefloor where i can go and dance all night if i want to.

I want to be able to stop out late if i want to.

Post your idea's here. What do you want from a night out in Sheffield?

What appeals to you?

What music do you want to hear throughout the night?

What about current drinks prices? are they too expensive?

Do drinks offers put you off going to certain places?

A want a good atmosphere in a relaxed venue. Not full of meatheads. Not rammed full so you cannot move. I want something different. not identikit chain bars and dirty soulless clubs playing dreadful music.

I want to hear music played at a level that isn't too high or low. I don't want to have to shout of music in bars/pubs. I want there to be a good mix (its not hard to make a good mix cd is it now?)

West Street is dreadful. Division street is a bit better.

Prices aren't really an issue. I'd like to see more variety on tap and of bottles.

I agree with edna.....

apart from the goth bit

Me too, and even like the gothy stuff.

I also need to be able to have a proper pint and Sheff isn`t too bad for that with Old House and Bungalows being good examples of `cool` places that can sell real ale! :thumbsup:

I agree with edna.....

apart from the goth bit

I've seen you with your black eyeliner and trench coat.... ;)

I listened to the radio2 documentary about Goths on the way back from York last night and loved it! :love:

I think I just didn't like the look at the time! :hihi:

A good drink,place to have a smoke without standing out in the street and good music,to which i have found the Washington has it all currently number 1 on my list,And they have crisps decent ones !!!

ooh yeah forgot the washy, I like the washy too.

Archived