Bridport Rd Darnall 1940-1950

ATLex 48..good to here from you.. Unfortunatly I left Bridport Rd 1952

..you know the good times. called up for National Service..and then moved on..Perhaps you remember the butchers bottom of Whixley Rd... I Think it was called Olivers ?

• 9 months later...

My dad's family lived on Whixley road during and after the war.[105]. Not far from the butchers. His name is Kenneth Hossell, mum was Hilda and dad Henry. My dad is now 76 and would love to have any photos of houses 99 to 105. He could'nt afford a camera in those days!! Any help and i would be very grateful.The houses are no longer there but the memories are!!

ATLex 48..good to here from you.. Unfortunatly I left Bridport Rd 1952

..you know the good times. called up for National Service..and then moved on..Perhaps you remember the butchers bottom of Whixley Rd... I Think it was called Olivers ?

Yes butchers was called Olivers. My dad lived a couple of doors away. He too left for the National Service. His name being Kenneth Hossell . Has a sister Jean Hossell. Attended among many Carbrook school and Whitby road school.

• 2 years later...

Hello

My Mum lived in Bridport Road next to the pub. On one of the raids in the blitz, they weren't allowed back into the house and had to sleep on the school floor and wait to be "claimed" by relatives. Mum has many memories of these times and I would be glad to pass these on.

Lived through the Blitz, Schooled at Whitby Rd and Sheffield Junior Tech.

Ay one out there remembers these times. ?::help:

Hello, I'm new to the site so please excuse any mistakes I may make posting. I did post to say that my Mum lived in Bridport Road, Darnal and remembers the blitz. Hopefully, you will get this message as it's a few years since you posted.