Wii Fit - good for getting fit?

There was a report publishes the other week that suggested that Wii 'exercise' (wiiercise?) is nowhere near as good for you as a real workout, that is going to the gym, a jog round the park, that sort of thing.

But if it helps people to exercise a little then it is better than nothing. Fair to say boxing on the Wii probably burns more calories than Call of Duty on the 360, but I don't think it counts towards your 30 minutes a day :)

• 5 months later...

If you mean the wii sports that comes with the wii then yes I would say it is possible. If by playing you are more active than normal, you will burn more and lose weight. Obviously if you played wii sports and then sat down to a mcdonalds you wouldn't lose much.

• 7 months later...

When I FINALLY track one of these buggers down at a reasonable price i'm going to set myself a work out daily and hope to drop a little weight.

Before I buy it can anyone who's got one confirm if they actually work - after all it's a lot of money just for a game (although if it does work its much cheaper than a gym membership!)

Think it depends what you are after in a work out. CV wise I dont think it is much good but as I have been injured and havn't done any exercise since November found it good to get back into it and did get my legs.

Archived