Wii Fit - good for getting fit?

You might lose weight with it! It's good cos it tells you your bmi too.

Suppose it depends how much you use it really.

This is bad

My niece at 13yrs old was told the was obese, and she clearly isn't

I read somewhere that it only provides low impact workouts, which means it doesn't give you a good cardio workout. I don't have one so I've no idea if this is true:-)

A cardio workout means getting the heart pumping at a higher rate than normal. Swimming, cycling, rowing and walking quickly are all low impact forms of exercise but all still provide good cardio workouts.

You might lose weight with it! It's good cos it tells you your bmi too.

Suppose it depends how much you use it really.

Id take the BMI rating with a pinch of salt, ive got 2 friends that are Dr's and ive been told useing the body mass index isnt the most accurate way of measuring your true body fat levels.

Plus are you really going to start taking fitness advice from Nintendo.

I think i'll take all the measurements etc with a pinch of salt - I mean if the rugby team are obese god knows what it will have to say about me! I'll just use it for a bit of fun and a bit of excercise and if I loose weight fantastic! If not, Ebay it goes!

I got one when they first came out and i did lose some weight, a couple of pound a week. But i lost interest with it after about a month. I`d say it`s good for toning the muscles and the hoola hoop is a good workout plus the games are good fun especially the balance ones like ski jumping.

Must get it back out.....

I got one for Christmas and think i've used it about 8 times!! The jogging is ok and can work up a sweat but it doesn't really give you a workout as such. Hula Hooping is great though, especially when you unlock all the levels. That does work!

I'll just use it for a bit of fun and a bit of excercise and if I loose weight fantastic! If not, Ebay it goes!

Just make sure you don't start deleting things off the wii, AGAIN, or your brother won't be too happy.

Archived