Wii Fit - good for getting fit?

Hi, we have a wii fit, and it might not provide the most strenuous work out, but i'd still recommend it.

It makes doing exercise fun, especially for kids. The "weight loss & BMI tracker" are pretty accurate, as we've measured it against actual BMI measuring scales and its always been the same!

Whilst I wouldnt let children use it, its a good motivator for adults. Im sure I remember reading somewhere that the weight readings only work for people over 18.

However, the "Wii Fit Age" thing is a load of rubbish, its based on your ability to balance, and complete tests, so ignore that!!

The games are good, some provide a better work out than others; I challenge anyone not to work up a sweat on the hoolahoops or boxing though!! The muscle ones are "stretching" and they help you control your balance.

There are other games you can get for it too, we have the Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party, and the games are just silly, but hilarious.

Hi, we have a wii fit, and it might not provide the most strenuous work out, but i'd still recommend it.

It makes doing exercise fun, especially for kids. The "weight loss & BMI tracker" are pretty accurate, as we've measured it against actual BMI measuring scales and its always been the same!

Whilst I wouldnt let children use it, its a good motivator for adults. Im sure I remember reading somewhere that the weight readings only work for people over 18.

However, the "Wii Fit Age" thing is a load of rubbish, its based on your ability to balance, and complete tests, so ignore that!!

The games are good, some provide a better work out than others; I challenge anyone not to work up a sweat on the hoolahoops or boxing though!! The muscle ones are "stretching" and they help you control your balance.

There are other games you can get for it too, we have the Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party, and the games are just silly, but hilarious.

I nevr knew you could get other games for it?!?! How exciting :)

While it's not as varied as the Wii + Wii Fit, you can get an XBox (original) and Dancing Stage + dance mat for a fraction of the price. I lost roughly 4 stone stepping around like a moron on that thing everyday. It has a "workout mode" that measures how many calories you're burning, and how much weight you (theoretically) have lost.

The Wii fit is good for one thing - encouraging kids / adults who would usually play computer games sitting on their butts to get up and actually move.

If you currently do little or no exercise, then yes the Wii fit will help you, if on the other hand, like me, you do quite a bit of excerise then it won't make any difference. We have one and I haven't found an exericse yet that particularly raises my heart rate or is even remotely challenging.

It's a good giggle, but it isn't a fitness tool, its a game.

Archived