Anything to remove warts?

See your doctor for the one on your face. Otherwise there are two methods: destroy it with a salicylic acid based preparation, or freeze it with a kit you can get from the chemist. The local irritation/imflammation caused by freezing stimulates an immune response, and will likely serve you better in terms of recurrence in the future.

The freeze causes scars tho.

You can eradicate them by applying Silver Nitrate (freezing them) or by tying a Horse Hair around them whch restricts the blood supply.
It's not call 'freezing' when you use silver nitrate!

Oh yeah, and that idea of restricting the blood supply would only work if the wart was very proud or peduncular.

It's not call 'freezing' when you use silver nitrate! Besides, silver nitrate is very dangerous and not available to the public for this application..

It's available from some chemists. What's dangerous about it?

It's available from some chemists. What's dangerous about it?
My apologies, it's a new one on me. And of course, as you point out so well, nothing that is sold in a chemists is dangerous in any way.

• 3 years later...
See your doctor for the one on your face. Otherwise there are two methods: destroy it with a salicylic acid based preparation, or freeze it with a kit you can get from the chemist. The local irritation/imflammation caused by freezing stimulates an immune response, and will likely serve you better in terms of recurrence in the future.

the freezing method just causes a blister to form under the wart which prevents it from moving down through the layers of skin as they grow, resulting in it eventually falling off. This method is a bit hit and miss.

The most effective method I used for one on my foot was corn plasters. Leave them for a few days, then take off and use a pumice to take off the dead skin. Give the area a day of rest and do it again. repeat until its gone. With warts, you have to keep going with the treatment. If you forget for more than a few days you are going back to the start.

Obviously for your face this is not an option and you should speak to your doctor.

Archived