Go Surfing the Yorkshire

are you a surfer land-locked in sheffield?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. are you a surfer land-locked in sheffield?

• yes, I am a surfer but have regular surf trips
    • yes, I am a surfer and stuck in sheffield
    • not, but would like to go surfing somehow
    • i could not care less about surfing

cool!

so, even if at the moment in sheffield its colder than in Vladivostok and the temp of the waters in the North sea is not even 10deg.C, Im thinkin of packin things and goin over scarbs next w.e.

A 2.5-3ft swell is forecast. more than enough for me. Whoever would fancy to join the trip, either email me (as above) or pm me.

cya

hey - i have tried surfing just the once and totally bombed. i would love to give it another go especially as im planning to head off to oz next year and would like to take a few skills with me. if you guys are still up for a meet and a surf then gis us a shout by pm'ing me here or emailing me at humphriesmartin@hotmail.com

mart.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all, am not very experienced but just got back from devon and cornwall after a week surfing and am planning to head for north east shores soon. Just wondered does anyone know how long it takes to get to Cayton bay from Sheffield. Is it a feasible after work journey??

Neil

Hiya,

Cayton Bay is not far from Sheffield.

By car it takes about 2hrs. And you can easily check out Withby and (not too) secret spots as well.

But if u not carrying yr own brd and not much stuff,

u can also go right there by public transport,

i.e. train (via York, faster) and bus (121, 120) once in Scarborough.

Whole journey takes abt 2 n a half hrs or so.

You can hire there a brd from srf shop (http://www.caytonbaysurfshop.co.uk) for 2.50£ (1st time I asked for 6!!!).

Its going to be an extra webcam

working just in front of the surfable part of the bay in a couple of wks.

Guys in the srf shop post info on daily srf cond on

CEEFAX p.429.

However, in summer Yorkshire area tends to be flat or with quite small srf and

I still believe that in case you have a car its better to head to Hell's Mouth in North Wales.

abt 2 n a half hr drive but more consistent srf.

If more time and a bit more money available, in just 4hrs from Sheffield u can be in 5* srf in Ireland...

Give us a buzz if want 2 join or more info.

cya

Archived