Webbook

scottf

Hi Everyone

Im thinking of buying a webbook for myself and i was wondering what the best one on the market, i have a £200-275 price range.

Its only going to be used for surfing the net so screen size is probably the most important thing for me.

Or do you think i should just buy a laptop even if im not going to use all the features?

For your intended use, I'd buy a 2nd-hand touchscreen laptop, e.g a Fujitsu B25- or B26-series.

Just about as portable as a 'web book' (around the 2kg mark), PIII 800 Mhz, 256 RAM, 12" screen, plenty big/fast enough for surfing/youtubing, and built like a brick s***house. With a good/recent battery, autonomy is very comparable (including WiFi via PCMCIA card).

Same main shortcoming (no optical drive) if that matters, but two biggest advantages over web books: bigger screen and touchscreen interface (you'll never want to use a trackpad ever again!).

Get them around the £100 mark on FleaBay (updated, just checked past sales).

I've gone back to them myself, can't understand why I ever got that EEE now ...want to buy it? :D

Samsung NC-10. Does everything the others does, has everything the others has but the advantage of slightly bigger keyboard keys which makes a world of difference.

I'd second that, and it has good battery life, although I am very happy with my lenovo s10e.

For your intended use, I'd buy a 2nd-hand touchscreen laptop, e.g a Fujitsu B25- or B26-series.

Just about as portable as a 'web book' (around the 2kg mark), PIII 800 Mhz, 256 RAM, 12" screen, plenty big/fast enough for surfing/youtubing, and built like a brick s***house. With a good/recent battery, autonomy is very comparable (including WiFi via PCMCIA card).

Same main shortcoming (no optical drive) if that matters, but two biggest advantages over web books: bigger screen and touchscreen interface (you'll never want to use a trackpad ever again!).

Get them around the £100 mark on FleaBay (updated, just checked past sales).

I've gone back to them myself, can't understand why I ever got that EEE now ...want to buy it? :D

A touchscreen laptop?

I try to keep up with most things but i have never heard of one of these?

I have been recomended the acus series?

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/150258

We've sold stacks of EeePCs and to be fair not had many with problems. They're still the best selling overall and have the best customer ratings. That said the Samsung NC10 is gaining in popularity fast. There's a nice video of one here. It also got a reccomended in a recent PC Pro review.

Hope that helps your desicion

Archived