Tulip Lounge

chaz123

"The venue, formerly known as Sola Bar, had staged lap dancing and naked female jelly wrestling during hours when children were allowed in under the terms of its licence. Quarter only has planning permission to operate as a restaurant and if it stages further events when people are charged to enter and no food is on sale, it faces enforcement action"

Source:

http://www.sheffieldpub.co.uk/news/2008/november/

Guessing jelly won't be on the menu anymore then....

It was slightly exaggerated. They had a jelly wrestling night and it was £10 entry. The problem arose because they had a licence with a proviso that stated all children must be off the premises by 9.30pm. The event started at 9pm so technically there could have been children there, this was partly due to the fact they were running on a restaurant licence not a bar/club licence.

• 2 weeks later...

The Sola bar was an awsome place to go at night, i used to go about 5 years ago and act like a ten bob millionaire! buying pints for about £10 and champagne cocktails for the missus at about £15. nice place though. got rid of the Chavs and students town is full of now. (no offence Students cos ive never had so much fun getting ****** with you)

• 3 weeks later...

i can let you all know that i have been to 'the tulip lounge' the food was great the undiserables were none existent! its under new management and their a lovely team before writing it off due to past experience perhaps go and try it.

Archived