Bathroom Extractor Fan Installation

Hi

I'm currently redecorating my bathroom, as part of this I've decided to install an extractor fan to try and eliminate condensation problems.

After talking to a few people I decide to tackle this on my own, not the electrical side of things of course. Anyway, one thing after another I'm beginning to lose the will to live with it, especially a company trying to charge nearly £60 to hire some ladders!

I was wondering what price I'd be looking at to have it installed by someone that can probably do the lot, I have the fan, duct and grille, need someone to drill the holes and wire it up?

Thanks

Paul

you can hire core drills for around £40 for a day, still might be easier to get someone in eh?! you'd still need to drill outside, up a ladder with a core drill and that's not nice! I recon it'll cost you about £150 to get someone else to do it

• 2 years later...
Hi

I'm currently redecorating my bathroom, as part of this I've decided to install an extractor fan to try and eliminate condensation problems.

After talking to a few people I decide to tackle this on my own, not the electrical side of things of course. Anyway, one thing after another I'm beginning to lose the will to live with it, especially a company trying to charge nearly £60 to hire some ladders!

I was wondering what price I'd be looking at to have it installed by someone that can probably do the lot, I have the fan, duct and grille, need someone to drill the holes and wire it up?

Thanks

Paul

Hi ,

Did you get help with this. I need an extra fan fitted as well. Could do it my self but electrics in a water environmement such as a bathroom are better handled by an expert, plus you need to climb up to patch drilled hole outside when the unit is fitted. Pm me if you have someone you can recommend.

K.

Archived