Can anyone help with researching a family tree? Having difficulty.

Hi, just wondering if anyone has found it nearly impossible to research their family tree. I thought it would be pretty straightforward but i find that i need to know a hell of a lot of info just to find someone, on a certain site.We are not a close family and both sets of grandparents have passed and my parents cant seem to remember anything. Bit frustrated:(

Hi, just wondering if anyone has found it nearly impossible to research their family tree. I thought it would be pretty straightforward but i find that i need to know a hell of a lot of info just to find someone, on a certain site.We are not a close family and both sets of grandparents have passed and my parents cant seem to remember anything. Bit frustrated:(
Give us a clue us being the forum members.;)

internet reseach can be a bit expensive when you start paying for credits to search documents, try the sites forum, many members will offer to do research for you by spending their excess credits.

I keep meaning to go to the Sheffield Archives office down town, its free (apart from any photo copying)

Think you're having problems ,try looking up Fred Clarke not quite sure of the birth year 2million in U.K half of them in Sheffield ,still checking on the last 200 thousand any one could be the one

Always willing to help - pm me with any details. I have assisted several members on the forum - I am addicted and run a computer club where several of the group come for family history tuition(Sorry its not local)

I have had a brick wall for years now, my grandmother on my mums side cannot be found I have her birth & death dates but she cannot be found on the 1901 or 1911 census's i have tried all variations of her name and even wildcards but to no avail.

Unfortunately there are no living relatives to give any clues about her. I do not know how many brothers/sisters my mum had either or details of grandad just the names.

When I started doing my research, the Central Library Local Studies Library were good, u can use their computors to go on Ancestry.com for free. Also if u know any dates and birth years, try the Freebmd website and Sheffieldrecordsonline website, both were v useful to me.. Good luck in yr search, once u get into it u will enjoy it.

Why don't you post the details on here and then when we're fed up of not being able to find our own ancestors we can have a go at looking for yours.

We've all got at least one errant ancestor, I can't even find my grandfather!

Duffems

Without giving names or even a clue, no one can help you if you are in trouble with your research.

All family researchers have problems and have to ask for help or guidance.

I've found that most forummers will help but without giving anything for them to work on it just boils down to having a general moan on here.

Let's be having something to work with and I for one will help you.

PopT

Archived