Prescription charges

If you can play the game well, you can juggle PPCs, get prescriptions for 3 months a time, and only spend £55.70 a year!

If your quack will prescribe them for three months at a time, aye, but I wasn't going to say that, was I :D

yeah because life is just that simple!!! The pill has been free for decades

If the pill has been free for decades then why do people with health conditions have to pay it just shows the warped priorities of this country. The pill is the worst thing ever invented it just encouraged promiscuity.

At the end of the day the pill is just a lifestyle drug, women don't need to take it. It is so unfair!!

I think of all the things that are unfair in the NHS, contraception is not one of them. If we're tackling the real issues let us talk about the postcode lottery for cancer care.

The pill is the worst thing ever invented it just encouraged promiscuity.

The worst thing ever invented? :)

It's just been on the news that Doctors want the Government to abolish prescription charges in England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland don't pay for theirs, so why should we in England?

Because they are happy for us to carry on subsidising the colonies while they all play at parliament in their noddy houses - meanwhile - The real decisions come from London ie "Sure, it'll be fine. The English can pay for Dougal, Patrick and Daffyd's stuff because that's what they're there for!".

As usual, the successful are taxed to high heaven to benefit the regional 'Governments'.

Edit: I'd also rather see free prescription birth control than hordes of unwanted, illiterate cabbages running about the place. Which costs more, free microgynon or a benefit dependant scutter?

I think of all the things that are unfair in the NHS, contraception is not one of them. If we're tackling the real issues let us talk about the postcode lottery for cancer care.

The worst thing ever invented? :)

It is unfair that women get the pill for free which is just a life style drug yet people with cancer are denied drugs that could prolong their lives because they live in the wrong area of the country.

It is unfair that women get the pill for free which is just a life style drug yet people with cancer are denied drugs that could prolong their lives because they live in the wrong area of the country.

I agree the postcode cancer care thing is totally wrong, but I'm not sure how you can call the pill a lifestyle drug- of all the other possible contraception methods, it is surely less expensive than others ie the 3yr implant I was told was so expensive to insert (more than pill prolonged use) that I would not be able to remove it under 6 months as it costs too much to administer.

I chose to opt out of that one unsurprisingly.

Archived