Prescription charges

It is unfair that women get the pill for free which is just a life style drug yet people with cancer are denied drugs that could prolong their lives because they live in the wrong area of the country.

I think contraception is a right in a modern society. If it's such a terrible invention then why do we still have Europe's highest teenage birth rate? It is not a "lifestyle drug", i don't even know what the term means. I suspect you have a very low opinion of women if you think their contraception is taken for their "lifestyle".

I think contraception is a right in a modern society. If it's such a terrible invention then why do we still have Europe's highest teenage birth rate? It is not a "lifestyle drug", i don't even know what the term means. I suspect you have a very low opinion of women if you think their contraception is taken for their "lifestyle".

Doesn't matter either way then if they did start charging women in this country for the pill as it seems alot don't bother to take the pill anyway.

Would be nice if I didn't have to pay £20 a month for my medication to keep me going.

Would be nice if I didn't have to pay £20 a month for my medication to keep me going.

That is a reason to make all prescriptions free, not to charge for contraception.

You can buy a Prescription Prepayment Certificate (PPC) for £102 Link, halving your bill.

I think of all the things that are unfair in the NHS, contraception is not one of them. If we're tackling the real issues let us talk about the postcode lottery for cancer care.

The worst thing ever invented? :)

It is unfair that women get the pill for free which is just a life style drug yet people with cancer are denied drugs that could prolong their lives because they live in the wrong area of the country.

According to the BBC drugs & treatment is going to be free for all cancer patients:

"Cancer patients will be eligible for free prescriptions from 1 April and we're looking at how we can do the same for people with long-term conditions."

It is a lifestyle drug because it is not needed for medical reasons it is taken because they have chosen to have sex. If women can get the pill for free then why should I have to pay for my medication?

Archived