Brown Bear. Where is this pub?

Tim42

Last time I went in the whole pub smelt like a wet ashtray and there was a bloke sat chainsmoking at the bar and coughing all over the glasses.

Very "old world charm"

I've heard that the heavy drinking old scroats that got barred from the Bankers Draft now go to the Brown Bear.

Brown Bear was a nice pub before Sam Smiths took over and attracted clientele there for the cheap alcohol.

i met mark williams in there from the fast show,i'd just been on an allday bender via the match...i took the **** for about half n hour before he told me to **** off left his meal and walked out..some people are so touchy:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Kristian

I had the misfortune to go in the Brown Bear a couple of years ago. The smell of ammonia in the loos was so bad it took my breath.

I've not been back!

:suspect: what back into the pub or back into the toilets??:suspect:

The Brown Bear does pong badly, and yes it can be full of the old scroats aged over 60 sometimes who have drinking problems (ie they cant drink enough) who drink all day and hang around the bar talking to themselves in Barnsley accents.

But then they have to go somewhere I guess....

But, on another note, the cider they sell is superb, and the best alternative cider (as in NOT Strongbow which is ***** yech). I kike the bitter they have as well, Samuel Smiths is it?? Better than the usual bland offerings of Tetley or the like.....

Used to be a great boozer but has slowly gone down hill, especially it seems in the last year or so.

I went in a couple of weeks ago and the place stank, they'd also run out of clean glasses so they were serving everything in plastic glasses :gag:

Still £1.25 for a pint of decent cask ale...

Archived