Help! All my friends have moved!

elliec

Hi all

I've lived in Sheffield now for a fair while, and it's taken a while to realise that most my friends have now moved out of the city!

I am now on the "lookout" (lol) for more friends to keep me entertained in Sheffield, but am a little stuck on how.

I'm quite normal and nice, and I even have a job! I live in Crookes :)

Thanks

Ellie

There are forum meets in the evenings/days out section.

there are meets for films and food etc etc.

think of what you like doing and go from there

Hi all

I've lived in Sheffield now for a fair while, and it's taken a while to realise that most my friends have now moved out of the city!

I am now on the "lookout" (lol) for more friends to keep me entertained in Sheffield, but am a little stuck on how.

I'm quite normal and nice, and I even have a job! I live in Crookes :)

Thanks

Ellie

I know this seems a bit cliche but if you want to meet new people AND get fitter while youre at it. Our kickboxing club is very friendly. Some people have even met their other half through the club. We have regular social meetings and nights out as well.

http://www.sheffieldkickboxingclub.com

Ellie, get yourself out on some forum meets, you will meet lots of weird and wonderful people of all ages, backgrounds and interests. I was dubious about going on them and only went on my first about two years ago after turning back from the first one i arrived at! (Honest!)

They are usually great fun and it's a night out with a big group of people who you can talk to and then meet under other circumstances or have nothing to do with ever again if you don't like them/us! It really does increase your social circle. :thumbsup:

Ellie, get yourself out on some forum meets, you will meet lots of weird and wonderful people of all ages, backgrounds and interests. I was dubious about going on them and only went on my first about two years ago after turning back from the first one i arrived at! (Honest!)

They are usually great fun and it's a night out with a big group of people who you can talk to and then meet under other circumstances or have nothing to do with ever again if you don't like them/us! It really does increase your social circle. :thumbsup:

How often are these forum meets and where do you guys go? Just curious

How often are these forum meets and where do you guys go? Just curious

Meets take all sorts of guises but are all unofficial and nothing legally to do with the forum.

Currently there are meets running for the Harlequin pub tomorrow(9th), there is usually one each month at the Rawson Spring and there are sometimes quiz meets. The walking group meet every week, there is a badminton group and there is a trip planned camping late March and one in April, There are regular cinema meets at the showroom and ad hoc ones at cineworld. There are often meets for people's birthdays.

This is not an exhaustive list. Keep an eye out in the Going out section. :)

Hey

I'm in kind of the same situation, though its more for me that I just dont seem to be into the same things as my friends anymore!

I just want to have a social like outside of clubs / drinking and want to meet new people!

~ Kai x

Archived