Stag Party But Nice

JLemon

I'm staying in the Peak District with some friends for my stag do and we want to have a night out in Sheffield on the Saturday night. Not the sort of stag do where it all ends in violence, but just a good Italian meal in a relaxed restaurant and then on to a club for some indie or dance tunes. Any ideas for a restaurant that would accommodate 15 lads who are fairly we;ll behaved and a club that will keep all tastes happy? Cheers!

There are lots of good small italian places, but for 15 people Antibo's or Picollino's in the city centre would be a good bet as they are fairly big. Antibo's is situated at West 1, just between Devonshire Green and West St and Picollino's is at the Peace Gardens. There are some good bars on Division Street. If you're into indie / dance stuff, bars to visit include The Bowery (near Antibo's), Forum, Old House, Frog and Parrot and Bungalows and Bears (all near each other on Division Street). For an indie club check what's on at 02 Academy (they alternate the nights on Saturdays) or Leadmill - if you're into rock try Corporation.

I'd pretty much reiterate what Missmarsbar has said (HI!) but I'd add DQ to the Mix which is even nearer as perhaps a club you might enjoy esp if it is Threads. (3/4 Sat'days of the month)http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=8618723203&ref=ts

You also might enjoy a trip to the Common room which is inbetween The old house and The Forum as it's got pool tables to play on and tvs if any footie is on.

Meal wise might also be worth looking at Strada and Zizzi which are both in a slightly different area of Sheffield (walkable but in Leopold Square as opposed to Devonshire Green area) but not as independent as places mentioned - both chain restaurants but worth bearing in mind if the others are booked up.

Antibos btw I think is fine but some stuff is pricey for what it is. Las Iguanas if you like mexican is in Dev Green area in a place called West 1 and is good for a stag do.

Hey JLemon,

What weekend is the do on? I run a night a Penelopes on the 2nd saturday of the month. It's a tech-house night so very much dance oreinted but the DJ's I book are all accessible and good to dance to. All my mates from outside the dance scene enjoy the music. If you are interested, give me a p.m. and I can sort you a deal for group booking.

Archived