Anyone Grow Up In Oughtibridge ?

My nannan and grandad lived in Oughtibridge for years....they are both dead now :(

They was the 'mortons' but that doesn't really narrow it down does it? :hihi: I'm not to sure when how long they lived there for.....will try to find out and report back :)

i know some mortons from oughtibridge . i went to school with Richard morton and his younger sister was called laura

My Grandma and Grandad lived in Oughtibridge. My Grandma was the warden of the old people bungalows and when she retired moved into an OAP bungalow off Cockshutts Lane. Then my Grandad after he retired became the park keeper at the park on Station Lane by the river. So I spent many hours playing there in the 70's

i remember a few park keepers from my childhood there. there was ron ,dave and an elderly chap who has a whippit (cant remember his name ):confused:

i know some mortons from oughtibridge . i went to school with Richard morton and his younger sister was called laura

I know a Linda Morton with a brother Richard but she would be a little older than you Mr.Benn

Hi, all my family are buried at Burton cemetary at the top of Church Street, My dad, grandparents, thier parents, great uncles etc, so my family has real ties to Oughtibridge, Anyone else have family members there?

My wife, Debbie, grew up in Oughtibridge.

She was born in 59 and left when we got married in 79.

She first lived behind the butchers on Lagsett Rd and then on Haggstones Road.

Her family name was Stride, and her Mum's maiden name was Westwood - she has two brothers - Nigel and Paul.

She has many fond memories of her childhhod in Oughtibridge

My wife, Debbie, grew up in Oughtibridge.

She was born in 59 and left when we got married in 79.

She first lived behind the butchers on Lagsett Rd and then on Haggstones Road.

Her family name was Stride, and her Mum's maiden name was Westwood - she has two brothers - Nigel and Paul.

She has many fond memories of her childhhod in Oughtibridge

there is a steve stride i know still lives in the village -any relation i wonder