Hyde park terrace/ walk

I remember roller skating up and down the Terrace landing, dodging the joins in the tarmac and the splodgy bits where it had bubbled in the summer heat. The slope in the 'block' between numbers 45 and 46 was quite scary on eight wheels.

There was quite the community feel to it in those days; folk used to take chairs outside and sit and chat on the landing while looking out over the city centre and beyond to the hills on the horizon.

Hyde Park Walk was the one at the back, with the pub at the end nearest the Salvation Army. Hyde Park Terrace was the one in front, closest to Duke Street.

ETA: Should say 'is' really, as though I think the pub has vanished, both the Terrace and Walk are still around (though they look quite a bit different from their original incarnations).

...the pub (Earl Francis ) is now a convenience shop !....

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.379333,-1.454046,3a,75y,333.6h,81.9t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sWhLxoyXB3TgWx4BmxqMEJw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

• 5 months later...

I lived on the terrace from 1962 until 1970 when I got married. My mother and younger brother David were there until 1981 when my mum died and our David came to live with us. Time and Tina Russell were good friends of my little brother and I occasionally see Frank in Crystal Peaks. We lived at number 10 and there were some very nice people living round us.

Was it the goldthorpes . If so i grew up with david. He was a quiet boy. X

No, we were Powells, we lived near Frances Gawthorpe and her youngest was called John, he was a couple of years older than our David. What was your surname we might know you