Any of you ex pats now in America or Canada?

StJohn

I've been over here now for 41 years, 9 in Canada ( 8 in Quebec, 1 in Newfoundland. Then 2 in Chicopee, Mass. and the rest in Connecticut ( Windsor, Windsor Locks, and East Windsor) To me, Conn is the most beautiful state in the union. It has enough stone walls to equal the Peak District, and the rolling hills and winding country roads are very much like home was, and this is where I'll stay till my time is up, enjoying the world's finest college basketball, men or women, eh Poppins?

Damn Skippy Buck...Go Huskies !, :thumbsup: (well the girls for now) :)

Damn Skippy Buck...Go Huskies !, :thumbsup: (well the girls for now) :)
I'm lucky, I.m close enouygh to get to some of the girl's games. This probably the best team of lady huskies ever, including the team that won 3 nationals in a row, with the fabulous Diana Taurasi.:banana:

Re reading my last post I realise that I did not make it clear where my brother lives, Norton Lees is Sheffield 8. We lived next door before we came to Canada in 1982. I miss him very much as he looked after me when our father died when I was 11 years old.

We've bought another camper and will be off north in July and escape most of the summer heat in Florida. If you haven't driven up the east coast of America then you don't know what you're missing. We'll drive up the I 95 half way through Georgia then take the 17 to Norfolk, cross the Delaware via the tunnel/ bridge and north leaving Baltimore to our left and up to New York. The return trip will be fantastic with the trees turning into brilliant orange, brown and yellow with the ocassional green. Have ourselves some Lobster in Maine which is actually Nova Scotia lobster but who cares.

We've bought another camper and will be off north in July and escape most of the summer heat in Florida. If you haven't driven up the east coast of America then you don't know what you're missing. We'll drive up the I 95 half way through Georgia then take the 17 to Norfolk, cross the Delaware via the tunnel/ bridge and north leaving Baltimore to our left and up to New York. The return trip will be fantastic with the trees turning into brilliant orange, brown and yellow with the ocassional green. Have ourselves some Lobster in Maine which is actually Nova Scotia lobster but who cares.

sounds great have you any room for lodgers in your camper lol

Hello Springslass, I live in Southern Ontario, 'Burlington' I've been here since 1974, my children grow up here, I've lived over half my life here now. So Canada is definitely home, I've got 6 grandchildren that was born here.

All our snow has now gone, but no doubt before March is out we'll get some more :D We ought to have had a poll for this thread:thumbsup:

My friend lives in Burlington, I used to visit her a few times, perhaps we have passed! is the shopping mall with the big "B" outside still there?

All our snow has now gone, but no doubt before March is out we'll get some more :D We ought to have had a poll for this thread:thumbsup:

Think I'd win that one Joto. Still 2-3 ft of snow and ice kicking around here. We get some nice sunny days but not much above freezing so thaw is slow. Roads covered in a mucky slushy mess which is just wonderful for taking my little dogs (they're white) for a walk! Not much of an advertisement for PEI is it? Well, summers are nice - bring them on.:(

Archived