Any of you ex pats now in America or Canada?

StJohn

Joto is my cousin and we grew up not far from each other. My other cousin also lives in Ontario and their younger sister and I were bridesmaids when she got married.

Those of us back in the old country don't see them often enough and don't 'arf miss'em - speak to you soon joto - Linda:hihi:

I have been in the US for over 30 years now. Mostly in Southern California with a stint in Chicago and currently in Seattle. Also travelled through most of the states and let me tell you I have met Plenty of Ex Pats during that time. Folk from Devon, London, lots from Manchester/Blackpool/Preston/Liverpool area, and plenty of Irishmen. But Guess what, I can count the number of Yorkshiremen on one hand, and it's a big fat zero from Sheffield. Strange dont ya think !

I have been in the US for over 30 years now. Mostly in Southern California with a stint in Chicago and currently in Seattle. Also travelled through most of the states and let me tell you I have met Plenty of Ex Pats during that time. Folk from Devon, London, lots from Manchester/Blackpool/Preston/Liverpool area, and plenty of Irishmen. But Guess what, I can count the number of Yorkshiremen on one hand, and it's a big fat zero from Sheffield. Strange dont ya think !

No not strange, my own brother who a keen fisherman and here some of the best fishing around would not leave Sheffield he stayed for 6 months but just was to homesick ,now me i just love it and would never go back its a great place. Theres nothing so queer as folk:):):):)

They have lived fulltime in SD for the last 6yrs after they retired up to then it was only on weekends from Palm Springs he ran a Painting and Paperhanging company there, now they live of Mira Masa Blvd or around that way not far from Torry Pines Beach which i just love they have the best weather i have ever been in, here in Miami its so humid and hot most of the year its nice just to be able to sit in the outdoors and not get to hot.

Are there any Sheffielders in Michigan? Could do with a Yorkshire friend?

Since in Leicester and presuming Sheffield must be the same the O.Es (original English)are now in the minority for the first time,soon all the English will be driven out to over seas, please bring any spare gold with you,Michigan will then talk with a strong Yorkshire accent:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Archived