Any of you ex pats now in America or Canada?

StJohn

Dont feel bad i live in Miami, and when I say NO I Do NOT Speak SPanish i get the look and WHY its all over

My son lived close to Miami, he said no one stops after a car accident as most have no insurance and are illegal anyhow, so why stop and get caught.

thats true about the car accidents and they leave the scene of the accidents, and most, not so much the cubans but most others are illegal, and they are living in houses like 10 to a place. its got bad, we moved into Homestead, a little further south but its still bad

We lived in Margate, Broward County for about 11 years, got hit by hurricane Wilma and moved up near Jacksonville. Still living here very rural and quiet, gets a bit hot but that's it, no Miami types. Nobody drives down to Miami if they can help it.

We lived in Margate, Broward County for about 11 years, got hit by hurricane Wilma and moved up near Jacksonville. Still living here very rural and quiet, gets a bit hot but that's it, no Miami types. Nobody drives down to Miami if they can help it.

Were you from Sheffield wasalie ?

Yes I was Poppins, born at Meadow Head, my father worked at the Abbeydale works ( Tyzacks ) which is now a musem. We moved to Meersbrook when that place closed down in 1940 I think, because the scythe grinders were moved to Little London Works.

I went back 4 years ago to have a look, not impressed I'm afraid, not the Sheffield I remembered, mind I left when I was 18 ( 1947 ) for national service then went on to serve for 25 years. I've been in the States for 16 years but I'd rather be back in Spain where I lived for 11 years on the Sol, now that is a free country.

I came to Montreal in May 1968, fell in love with the city. Was moved to the Gaspe, Quebec to take charge of the Electronicsof a papermill in 1972, then to Newfie for a year. Then back to Montreal until the company asked me to move into New England in 1977, first to Chicopee Mass then to Windsor, Connecticut in 1979 where i was awarded a green card, and was finally awarded citizenship in1987. I have now lived in Windsor Locks and East Windsor, Connecticut for nearly 30 years, and wouldn't want to live anywhere else in America.

Interesting about Miami. The Cubans running the rackets in Havana sent all their ill gotten gains to banks in Miami and when Castro kicked them out they moved to Coral Gables where they own most of the large houses. The Chief of police is Cuban and so is the Mayor.

Archived