Were you a 70's/80's punk?

Hi there, my name's Kate and I'm a journalism student at the University of Sheffield. I'm making a vintage culture and fashion magazine as part of my final year project.

I'm including a section on the 70's/80's punk movement - the clothes, the attitude, the music - and would love to speak to some people who were involved. If you were a bit of a punk rocker back in the day and would be willing to have a chat with me about it then please drop me a message or reply to this thread,

Many thanks, Kate

Hi there, my name's Kate and I'm a journalism student at the University of Sheffield. I'm making a vintage culture and fashion magazine as part of my final year project.

I'm including a section on the 70's/80's punk movement - the clothes, the attitude, the music - and would love to speak to some people who were involved. If you were a bit of a punk rocker back in the day and would be willing to have a chat with me about it then please drop me a message or reply to this thread,

Many thanks, Kate

i was a punk from late 1976....enjoyed the scene and first concert was the ramones at the outlook club in doncaster and were supported by the talking heads...all for the vastly sum of 75p....also saw the damned,jam,stranglers,clash,boomtown rats...if only for half an hour cos someone hit geldolf with a bottle..topped it off xmas day 1977 when the pistols played huddersfield....1978 i roadied with sham 69 and enjoyed this era right through to the emergance of two-tone......a book is out soon called our generation by tony beesley which i have contributed to.....i would be glad to give you an insight into the scene back then....just pm me.....

i was a punk from late 1976....enjoyed the scene and first concert was the ramones at the outlook club in doncaster and were supported by the talking heads...all for the vastly sum of 75p....also saw the damned,jam,stranglers,clash,boomtown rats...if only for half an hour cos someone hit geldolf with a bottle..topped it off xmas day 1977 when the pistols played huddersfield....1978 i roadied with sham 69 and enjoyed this era right through to the emergance of two-tone......a book is out soon called our generation by tony beesley which i have contributed to.....i would be glad to give you an insight into the scene back then....just pm me.....

do yer feel lucky punk ................well do yer ?

Clint eastwood didn't like them there punks did he?:rolleyes:;).

Many thanks, Kate

Hi, I also was a punk in those days and I too have contributed to Tony's book if you want to contact him, he might be able to point you in the right direction.

do yer feel lucky punk ................well do yer ?

Clint eastwood didn't like them there punks did he?:rolleyes:;).

he was sorting out punks in the u.s.a. he'd have never troubled our lot just like that bus load of top rank drunks from wakefield found out to their cost when they took on those fun loving punks.....from jordo and the likes...

he was sorting out punks in the u.s.a. he'd have never troubled our lot just like that bus load of top rank drunks from wakefield found out to their cost when they took on those fun loving punks.....from jordo and the likes...

most jordo lads missed a lot of that era, .........borstal got in the way.:hihi::hihi:

I was a punk in the early '80s (after they started saying punk was dead) and I'm still a punk today. I was more into the attitude and the music than the clothes though - the torn jeans and tee shirts I wore got that way through overuse due to my my lack of money rather than through me making them look that way on purpose, hehe. I never was into the poser thing that much, so I must admit todays punks who buy their entire outfits at Hot Topic amuse me. But then again the Sex Pistols bought all their stuff at a Punk boutique, and there's always been a sell-out aspect to punk, so maybe I need to cut today's punk kids some slack.

Hi

i was a punk (still am in most respects apart from the hair :P) from about 1983, i missed the 1st wave, and some of the 2nd wave :(.

i started off into bands like GBH, exploited, mau maus and discharge, aswell as OI! then got more into the anarcho scene, crass, conflict, subhumans. which then led onto the crusty / grindcore scene, which in turn led onto the reggae/hippy, rave / drum and bass scenes.

me aged about 18 (1988? ish)

Used to get my punk gear from an old terraced house which had been turned into a shop somewhere near where The Pomona is.The shop was owned by Graham Bull who I got my first DJing job thru.It was over 30 years ago so my memory of the shop is a bit faded.

Archived