Northern lights in Sheffield?

OMG, i saw that too.

It was like a light in the sky that was moving n'lot then it turned around and went woosh.

This one just stood in the sky. And then made a farting sound, and moved to the left, and vanished. I tried to video it, but the batterys went flat. I will never recover, thinking of David Icke offering serious notes for the betamax footage :gag:

Weather bloke on look north says you can see them tonight and had piccies from Scarborough and somewhere else last night showing them.

So man up !!

Yeah! But 'Paul the weather man' only hangs out at Dempsies IMO. He thinks Sheffield is in Chesterfield.

And here I come expecting some accurate and reliable advice about the Northern Lights....

Has anyone got any tips on getting to see the Lights around Sheffield, or close by?

Would you have to drive up to Northumberland to get a look?

Had a scan last night but all I could see was the yellow pallor of light pollution over the city centre.

And here I come expecting some accurate and reliable advice about the Northern Lights....

Has anyone got any tips on getting to see the Lights around Sheffield, or close by?

Would you have to drive up to Northumberland to get a look?

Had a scan last night but all I could see was the yellow pallor of light pollution over the city centre.

The lights are very subtle, and being in a light polluted city make observing them very difficult if not impossible.

The further north you travel to see them the better chance you have, though if you can't do that you'd at least need to get out to a "dark sky" site, my viewing of them was out at mayfield where the skies are much darker than in down town Sheffield.

Just wondered if it's possible to see some sort of northern lights in sheffield? I was out loading my van at 5:45 this morning and in the far distance the sky was glowing and changing brightness for about 5 minutes. I thought it was distant sheet lightening to start with, but it was far softer than that and didn't go from light to dark quickly, it just kinda wobbled? I live in Crookes and was looking out over Hillsborough.

i have been told to look out tonight for Northern lights

Archived