Northern lights in Sheffield?

The northern lights seen over Bristol, were a weird combination of weather and a high power transmitter that was charging the atmosphere. We noticed that when we stopped transmitting and watched the lights, they started to fade away, we went back to transmitting and they came up again, over and over, they were gone within 15 mins of us stopping all transmission.

• 1 year later...

I saw a patch of aurora lights about a week ago above the hallamshire hospital area, in amongst what looked suspiciously like HAARP clouds. I have also counted THREE seperate Chinook helicopters fly into sheffield since then and saw one land near the airport. Coinsidence? Anyone else seen increased military aircraft presence since seeing Aurora patches?

I saw a patch of aurora lights about a week ago above the hallamshire hospital area, in amongst what looked suspiciously like HAARP clouds. I have also counted THREE seperate Chinook helicopters fly into sheffield since then and saw one land near the airport. Coinsidence? Anyone else seen increased military aircraft presence since seeing Aurora patches?

I've never seen the Northern Lights, nor have I seen these Chinooks that everyone's talking about, so personally I don't believe in either of them :)

From my house at night I can often see blue lights flashing in the distance- in the region of the Manor estate:confused: Sometimes on a still night if you listen very hard the lights are accompanied by an eerie whailing sound.. :suspect:

LOL quality

I've never seen the Northern Lights, nor have I seen these Chinooks that everyone's talking about, so personally I don't believe in either of them :)

I saw a Chinook yesterday afternoon about 4.15pm - I was driving down St Marys Gate and it was over in the direction of Park Hill. Chuffed because I was beginning to feel left out.

Back on topic; I have been subscribed to the SpaceWeather thingy for about 5 years and every single time they send a warning of a coronal mass ejection (i.e. good chance of seeing aurora), Sheffield promptly clouds over. I'm beginning to feel the only way to see the Northern Lights is to head to Scandinavia one winter.

• 8 months later...

Archived