Northern lights in Sheffield?

Mi dad recommends Surprise View as a potential viewpoint. If you need to find north and have an I-Phone there is a sort of compass built it.

They can appear in any part of the sky. The 'Northern' in 'Northern Lights' refers to the fact that they are most commonly seen in the northern latitudes.

Depends where you live really. Look towards Meadowhall. Oh, and they don't have bedsits in Dronfield....:loopy:

How I am supposed to know were Meadowhall is from the flat, what nonsense. I don't have x ray version, and they do have bedsits in Dronfield. You are sat in one with a single electric fire, eating own brand nuts.

How I am supposed to know were Meadowhall is from the flat, what nonsense. I don't have x ray version, and they do have bedsits in Dronfield. You are sat in one with a single electric fire, eating own brand nuts.

Look for a glass dome with pretty lights on.....

No bedsits for me. 5 bed detached with a balcony just down from Hallowes golf course for me. I do fancy some twiglets though.....:|

Look for a glass dome with pretty lights on.....

No bedsits for me. 5 bed detached with a balcony just down from Hallowes golf course for me. I do fancy some twiglets though.....:|

A house sitter then, clear up the peanuts when you live please. Is the owners house north or south facing?

in my case it was over attercliffe this morning at around 6am. and it wasn't just a pin point of light.

the best i can describe it was like a arc welder the same bright high intensity light, but this was over all the sky, at first i thought it was lightning but this went on for 30 mins or more and the burst were for 5 to 10 seconds. it was really strange, just lit up the sky, i wonder if anyone else noticed it?

There is a place half way along Carlisle Street that uses huge thermal cutting torches and the arc flash lights up the sky for miles around, I drive past it every morning at 5:30 and it is extremely bright, you could have seen that.

Archived