Best Pubs in Sheffield

TheStrat

What do you guys think the best pubs in Sheffield are my personal favorites at the minute would probably be in no particularly order

The Devonshire Cat - Great selection of beers and nice food.

Kelham Island Tavern - nice little beer garden and another good selection of beers(also it did win national pub of the year 2008 so got to be good really) .

Fat Cat - again good choice of beers and a nice beer garden

The New Barrack Tavern- more good beer and good food at a cheep price for the amount you get plus nice buy 8 beers get one free offer with a stamp card.

The Old House - nice food and ok selection of beers but annoyingly the staff are always trying to serve you at table and I personally hate that in a pub

Bears and Bungalows - not the biggest selection of beers but its a little bit quirky and different in there.

Any suggestions for new pubs to try would be greatly appreciated:hihi:

The Red Lion in Town, Frog and Parrot has a decent DJ.

Lescar(beers + beer garden) and Porters Cottage (jukebox) down eccy road.

Trippets is an average wine bar with below average acts on but its still a decent place

Cubanas is good late on - as is Dulos.

The Sheaf off chesterfield road is a decent pub as well.

The cremorne on abbeydale rd has lots of miseries in there trying to be too cool for school but its not bad if you are out that way.

Dev Cat - Good Pub but they don't sell J2Os and their fresh Orange is rank! :gag:

Harlequin - Brilll Pub! £1.50 a Pint for Bradfield Blonde on Mondays! :D

Sportsman in Stannington - Used to be good, but then it got full of numpties, and has changed hands about 3 times in less than 2 years and will shortly change hands again when Bob leaves.. Poor selection of local ales as well, they only sell Stones, that isn't even made in Sheffield any more iirc.

where I drink all depends on my mood, pocket, and what sort of night I want

I do however have those where I tend to drink regularly (well, regular as in where I drink if I do decide to drink)

Town Centre

Affinity:

Nice friendly atmosphere, everyone knows everyone, good fun to be had when you get to know the staff.

Carvels:

I don't drink in here as often as i used to but its still a personal favourite, nice friendly staff, friendly patronage.

Lions Lair:

Not often in there but it is a nice place. Not been to one of the after parties yet but lovely place during the day/evenings

Stanington/Hillsborough

The Anvil:

More of a pub for the locals it seems but I have been in here with friends and love the atmosphere, it's closest i have found to a traditional local.

Rawson Spring:

A bit too loud for my taste at weekend evenings but still a nice place to drink.

The Brown Bear (city centre) - Recently refurbished, nice selection, cheap, and always a character to talk to.

The University Arms (near Shef Uni union) - nothing really to do with the uni, open to all, excellent selection of ales, best beer garden in city centre

The Old House (Devonshire Street) - quite trendy inside, nice atmosphere, decent selection of beers, cocktails too - if that floats your boat

The Green Room (Devonshire Street) - a bit different

Already mentioned but some of my faves incl. Kelham Island, Fat Cat and New Barrack Tavern

Archived