Best Pubs in Sheffield

TheStrat

Fagan's - still the best pint of Guinness in Sheffield IMO;

The Fat Cat - it's a little worn at the edges but it's still great for real ale and good food;

The Kelham Tavern - a nicer version of the Fat Cat; it feels cleaner and brighter;

New Barrack Tavern - brilliant boozer with promotions, good food, a warm welcome, nice little beer garden and come now, a jar of pickled eggs on the back shelf!

The Sportsman at Hallam - showing a little bias here, but you cannot fault it for its home cooked food in massive portions, a magnificent pint of Timothy Taylor Landlord (and when that's off, John Smith's Magnet) and on Sundays, an unrivalled carvery.

My favourite chill-out places in town (I only go during the daytime these days) are Ha! Ha! which is much improved (try their fish fingers for lunch) and Pocolo in Leopold Square which serves a rare lager whose name slips my mind at present.

Some great suggestions on here. Can't believe anyone would slate the Fat Cat though - heathens! Sitting out the back on a summers evening sipping quality ale takes some beating!

Used to like the Porter Cottage but since the smoking ban it's gone downhill (I'm not a smoker, BTW). The landlady is getting worse too - very confrontational and seems to be anti female!

I like Dulos for a pint of Heineken too. Friendly staff, good music, cheap sambuca (speeling?!) and a quality place on a Saturday afternoon to have a few quiet pints and read the paper.

I guess you're joking about the Devonshire Cat, what a god awful place.

I like the place. The building is too new to have any real character, but I love it on a Saturday night - old boys at the bar discussing the merits of a decent ale with some pre-Corporation goth in full make-up and trench coat. Makes it quite hard to dislike somewhere as varied as that. Plus, they do a cracking burger to soak up the alcohol!

Archived