Best Pubs in Sheffield

TheStrat

Thanks for the suggestions many of the pubs I have already tried but there is the odd one which i haven't which is what i was hoping to find.

I had the day off work today so i thought i would try one of the pubs suggested which was the Harlequin, I cant belive that all the time i have lived in Sheffield I have never been in this pub as its just the sort of pub i like. I went in at lunch today and was very impressed with the selection of beers (also it was nice that they had a board explaining the vague styles of each beer which far to many real ale pubs don't bother with making it much harder to decide what to try). Also ate lunch there which whilst nothing special was very good sensible food for pubs to serve things like pies, lasagnas, chilli etc and incredibly reasonably priced.

Overall a really good pub and will definitely visit again maybe on one of the live music nights advertised cant wait to try some of the other suggestions on here that I haven't been to yet.

Many thanks :)

what are the best pubs in the city centre for veggie food? I'm tiring of veggie burgers, veggie lasagne/pasta, 3 bean chilli etc. I know Bungalows is decent but it's a tad pricey and my housemates don't like the bar cos they're grunge kids and it's too indie-schmindie for them.

Thanks for the suggestions many of the pubs I have already tried but there is the odd one which i haven't which is what i was hoping to find.

I had the day off work today so i thought i would try one of the pubs suggested which was the Harlequin, I cant belive that all the time i have lived in Sheffield I have never been in this pub as its just the sort of pub i like. I went in at lunch today and was very impressed with the selection of beers (also it was nice that they had a board explaining the vague styles of each beer which far to many real ale pubs don't bother with making it much harder to decide what to try). Also ate lunch there which whilst nothing special was very good sensible food for pubs to serve things like pies, lasagnas, chilli etc and incredibly reasonably priced.

Overall a really good pub and will definitely visit again maybe on one of the live music nights advertised cant wait to try some of the other suggestions on here that I haven't been to yet.

Many thanks :)

Is that the pub full of Police as they come off shift?

Is that the pub full of Police as they come off shift?

It is frequented by off duty Police yes, some of us thought it was a gay pub when we first went in. :D

It is a cracking pub. I was in last night and had a brill time

Porter Cottage has by far and away the best service of any sheffield pub

Unless you happen to be a female, then the landlady will be rude for no apparent reason - even to a groups who go in regularly, spend a lot and are always polite. Won't be going back after the last occasion. In fact, I believe there's even Facebook groups dedicated to how rude she is. :huh:

Archived