Real Ale at the York, Broomhill

Re Woodforde's Wherry

I first discovered it a few years ago the same way. Wetherspoons in Manchester had it on for a while last year, but I've not seen it in Sheffield. Wish someone would do it here...

If anyone ever comes across it in Sheffield, please tell SF- I wouldn't want to miss it.

sounds good......will try and track it down:)

Re: Wherry

Oooh, do tell us if you get it - I'll be there within minutes...

tracked it down..

http://www.woodfordes.co.uk/html/wherry.html

Fresh and zesty with crisp floral flavours. A background of sweet malt and a hoppy ‘grapefruit’ bitter finish characterises this

now got to find a regional supplier, its a bit far for a direct delivery...

too right , very tacky decor . Went to Broomhill last night. All the pubs were quite busy exept the York . Not surprised as it was really cold in there. Not very welcoming at all .... Lilac walls and garden furniture !! .. went to the Fox and Duck instead, nice and warm, loads of atmosphere and cheaper beer.

We offer some great ales not normally found in this area, such as HYDES Spin Doctor, a tawny copper beer, just what the Doctor ordered!!!

WHITE HORSE Village Idiot, even the most foolish will recognise this distinctively golden beer creating an explosion for the senses.

ROBINSON'S Trouble and Strife, a copper red deep fruity experience that will leave you gasping for a refill.....

and an ever changing range of eclectic and unusual beers always in the pipeline........

fed up with those mainstream national brands like Greene King and Deuchars? Then come see what we can entice you with from all over the Country at the York......

We are also doing up the fabulous beer garden at the moment, creating a far bigger and superb space for the Summer.....come check us out soon....

too right , very tacky decor . Went to Broomhill last night. All the pubs were quite busy exept the York . Not surprised as it was really cold in there. Not very welcoming at all .... Lilac walls and garden furniture !! .. went to the Fox and Duck instead, nice and warm, loads of atmosphere and cheaper beer.

i must admit i don't understand the garden furniture either.

another shame is the oche for the dart board not being long enough.

i must admit i don't understand the garden furniture either.

same down at the dove, i think it looks cheap and if its the only seating available my friends and i only tend to stop for the one drink before heading somewhere else for some comfy warm seats. its a big shame.

Archived