Work from home

has anyone had any experience with doing work from home.

my husband signed off and returned to work last Friday, then he's come home again today and said that he's finished again tomorrow, untill another batch of work comes in, so again for the 3rd time this year he's got to go and sign on again.

im getting real fedup. as everytime he signs on or off i have to phone tax credits.

i cant keep up with things so god knows how they can.

ive thought about doing that kind of work that can be done at home.

does anyone or is anyone currently working like this.

I think she means work from home.. there is no easy work from home....

Most of them are scams and the rest you probably earn peanuts and not worth the effort!

Have you considered getting a job (not home based)? Clearly, your husband is having problems keeping a job.

Tax credits --- so im guessing you have kids but that doesn't mean you cant work part time or is your husband isnt working he can take care of them can't he?

my husband can keep a job, he was made redundant last march after 21 years.

the work he's been doing since is for the same company but its seasonal work. the work can last 1 week or it can last 3 months.

yes i have thought of work myself....i am however my sons carer, i have to be able to take time off for dctors or hospital visits, as im the only one that drives, its realy down to me to stay home.

also i have found that finding a job that lets you take time off when the kids are off is difficult too.

i'd love to go back to work...........i feel it would be an holiday for me

I did piecework once - was a nightmare, some weeks no work, sign on - some weeks 15 hours work, sign on and declare earnings (so basically end up with same money as if I'd sat on my arse), some weeks over 16 hours, sign off, next week no work, sign on..

It was my way into work about 12 years ago, found a full-time-job in a similar field so worth the hassle but I wouldn't have liked to do it for a long time.

On the topic of home working, avoid anything that charges YOU any kind of "set up fee"

• 1 year later...
I think she means work from home.. there is no easy work from home....

Most of them are scams and the rest you probably earn peanuts and not worth the effort!

Have you considered getting a job (not home based)? Clearly, your husband is having problems keeping a job.

Tax credits --- so im guessing you have kids but that doesn't mean you cant work part time or is your husband isnt working he can take care of them can't he?

My bold

Very true! The problem is that there are so many people who would like to work from home and not enough genuine jobs to go round.

Many, many years ago I had a homeworking job filling in index cards for a credit company. You had to do hundreds of the damn things and, if you worked out the hourly rate for the job, it was derisory. But because so many people wanted the work, they could get away with paying peanuts.

Archived