Blades to splash out on a new kop

scottf

They are putting a few thousand on the back of the Kop, which if ive heard correctly will make it the biggest Kop in England, ahead of Anfield? and will also be removing the pillars :D

and yes the internal facilites will be improved, pictures are on here:

http://www.sufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10418~1176287,00.html

must admit those stands with the pillars are a pain .

I think it really is a daft idea. You will never fill it. Look at Hillsborouh for example. We'd only sell out to the big clubs in the premiership. Waste of money

http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/unfairpark/Sour%20Grapes.jpg

Just going to make it a better ground than it already is and maybe we can host a few big matches like hillsborouh did when it had its last lick of paint in the 70's.

Time to face up to the fact that we are the bigger club on and off the field Alty.

Nice what Staffords doing but its nothing new and certainly not making you a

force to be reckoned with.

Blades = Rolls Royce

owls = Mini cooper spinning its wheels ;)

I think it really is a daft idea. You will never fill it. Look at Hillsborouh for example. We'd only sell out to the big clubs in the premiership. Waste of money

To be honest fella, the club want to be a permanent feature in the premier league... if they wanrt that to happen they have to have everything ready. The ground itself is already of a good standard, but things can always be improved and this is an ideal way.

Work needs doing on the kop, so this is an ideal opportunity to increase the capacitt at the same time whilst also gearing us up for other plans we're looking at.

http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/unfairpark/Sour%20Grapes.jpg

Just going to make it a better ground than it already is and maybe we can host a few big matches like hillsborouh did when it had its last lick of paint in the 70's.

Time to face up to the fact that we are the bigger club on and off the field Alty.

Nice what Staffords doing but its nothing new and certainly not making you a

force to be reckoned with.

Blades = Rolls Royce

owls = Mini cooper spinning its wheels ;)

I will never accept that united are bigger than Wednesday :hihi: The mighty Owls are still more well known worldwide in my opinion, not that that matters :hihi:

You'll be playing a half empty stadium like us, if you extend. I think Wednesday could average around 34k in the premiership, with a few sell-outs, similar for united also.

I will never accept that united are bigger than Wednesday :hihi: The mighty Owls are still more well known worldwide in my opinion, not that that matters :hihi:

You'll be playing a half empty stadium like us, if you extend. I think Wednesday could average around 34k in the premiership, with a few sell-outs, similar for united also.

part one disagree united are a bigger brand worldwide now.

part two agree wednesday do have a very good support base, this season was not one to judge them on.

To be honest fella, the club want to be a permanent feature in the premier league... if they wanrt that to happen they have to have everything ready. The ground itself is already of a good standard, but things can always be improved and this is an ideal way.

Work needs doing on the kop, so this is an ideal opportunity to increase the capacitt at the same time whilst also gearing us up for other plans we're looking at.

All big championship clubs want to be in the premiership. Improving the 'kop' I understand but extending it seems a bit daft. Afterall your attendances before 3/4 seasons ago were pretty poor to be fair and you've still not filled it on a regular basis. Waiting until United are an established premiership side would make more sense. It really doesn't help the atmosphere playing with 20k+ in a 40k ground.

part one disagree united are a bigger brand worldwide now.

part two agree wednesday do have a very good support base, this season was not one to judge them on.

Only going on my experience, met people in france, italy and even the US who mentioned Wednesday, when I said I'd come over from Sheffield, without even mentioning Football

Only going on my experience, met people in france, italy and even the US who mentioned Wednesday, when I said I'd come over from Sheffield, without even mentioning Football

yeh maybe right in europe but the chinese market is the biggest in the world .

Archived