Blades to splash out on a new kop

scottf

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_English_football_stadia_by_capacity

Obviously it's wikipedia, so could contain errors... but at the moment, the Lane is listed as 17th, Hillsborough 11th (although that's counting it as 39k, I thought i'd read somewhere on here that a section wasn't used as it wasn't safe?).

The ten above (Wembley, OT, Emirates, SJP, SOL, Eastlands, Anfield, Villa Pk, Stamford Bridge and Goodison) are all over 40k, but the suggested plans for other clubs aiming to have grounds soon over 40k is interesting...

White Hart Lane replaced by a 60k stadium, Riverside can be upped to 42k, Pride Park increase to 44k announced last summer, Walkers Stadium can go upto 55k!, City Ground upto 50k, Brum to 55k in a new ground, Molineux to 40k, The Valley to 40k, even Bristol City to 40k and Pompey to 45k...

Can't see half of those getting filled regularly, they don't even fill most of them now...

If there was a sniff of getting the World Cup, it wouldn't be a surprise to see Leeds get the nod though...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_English_football_stadia_by_capacity

Obviously it's wikipedia, so could contain errors... but at the moment, the Lane is listed as 17th, Hillsborough 11th (although that's counting it as 39k, I thought i'd read somewhere on here that a section wasn't used as it wasn't safe?).

The ten above (Wembley, OT, Emirates, SJP, SOL, Eastlands, Anfield, Villa Pk, Stamford Bridge and Goodison) are all over 40k, but the suggested plans for other clubs aiming to have grounds soon over 40k is interesting...

White Hart Lane replaced by a 60k stadium, Riverside can be upped to 42k, Pride Park increase to 44k announced last summer, Walkers Stadium can go upto 55k!, City Ground upto 50k, Brum to 55k in a new ground, Molineux to 40k, The Valley to 40k, even Bristol City to 40k and Pompey to 45k...

Can't see half of those getting filled regularly, they don't even fill most of them now...

If there was a sniff of getting the World Cup, it wouldn't be a surprise to see Leeds get the nod though...

Hillsborough is only about 37k at the moment because the corner can't be used. Elland Rd is an absolute hole, they'll have to invest to have any chance.

If all these clubs expand, most of them will be playing in half full stadiums, actually most of them mentioned can't even fill their grounds at the moment bar Wolves, Tottenham and Derby.

does anyone know how long it will take to build the new kop? will it be built during the close season or will it take longer than that, leaving you playing with just 3 sides to the ground? i saw a picture of how it was going to look when utd announced it before and it looked good but to be fair anything will look better than your current kop

are you saying hillsborough is in better shape than elland rd dont think so mate,been to both ,elland rd hands down

I went to Elland Rd last year, its an absolute hole. Ok their large stand is decent, but no better than Wednesday's South Stand. The other three stands are horrible sheds.

Hillsborough and Bramall Lane are better than Elland Road

but u aint got no money ! anybody serious about pumpin money into swfc will move them away from hillsboro - mark my words

Not really, with decent investment, theres plenty of scope for improvement. Strafford mentioned that for Euro 96 plans had been drawn up to extend Hillsborough to 70k - thank god they didn't, I'd have to take a mega phone to speak to the person nearest to me:hihi:

Archived