What time do you usually turn up for gigs?

Bilge

If you're not bothered about the support acts, what time do you usually turn up for gigs? I know it says 'doors at 7:30' or whatever but no fool goes that early. Is there some unwritten logic governing it?

9:00pm seems usually about right, but I've fallen foul of early starts occasionally and missed part of the main act. Main bands at Boardwalk seem to be 10:00pm, Leadmill 9:00pm for example, but maybe it's not foolproof. I'd like to think there was an underlying formula I could rely on but 'about 9:00pm' is the best I've come up with so far. Ringing the venue doesn't always help either.

Originally posted by Bilge

If you're not bothered about the support acts, what time do you usually turn up for gigs? I know it says 'doors at 7:30' or whatever but no fool goes that early.

I'm no *fool*, but I don't like to miss owt !! So i'm there early..... I'd be too scared to go at 9, incase I missed summat. If I REALLY hated the support, i'd prob get there about an hour after opening, just to be on the safe side hehehe

Yeah, I always have the best intentions to see the support acts but always think I can get served in this pub, I'll just have another.

Fall for it every time, always arrive after 9pm.

I'd just like to nominate Super-Pie for the best avatar award.

Don't know who the guy is but he's really digging that cowbell:thumbsup:

Archived