Greek restaurants

TIA135

You are a bit limited for Greek restaurants in Sheffield, there is Parthanonas on London road, personally I don't rate the food too highly and not much atmosphere. There is Hellas just off John street, nice litle place but more of a snack bar than a restaurant, and there is the Greedy Greek at Hunters bar, although they have a few tables it is more of a take away. As I don't rate Parthanonas my recommendation would be to go and have a coffee at Hellas and tell the owner what you want and maybe give that a try, or buy a meal from Greedy Greek and reheat it at home and add your own music. (they also sell Mythos :thumbsup: ) The best food in my opinion is G.G. Whatever you decide, have a good birthday :thumbsup:

We went to Parthanonas on Saturday night around 9ish. We wanted a chinese/oriental meal but there was literally no space in any of the decent places on London road so we decided to give this place a go.

The food was actually quite nice and the portion size was excellent, however it was really lacking in atmosphere. There was a very tired feel about the place, it's quite dingy and the waitress while not rude seemed disinterested and a bit fed up.

It's a shame as it could be a very nice restaurant with just a little bit of new life breathed in to the place and the food was really quite aceptable.

I like Parthanonas a lot. The food is excellent and the staff generally friendly and helpful.

Is one problem is its lack of atmosphere caused by it usually being half empty. I think that's just bad location (it's just a bit too far up London Road away from the other eateries and into the residential part) and maybe poor promotion on their part.

Would definitely recommend it though for either a quiet romantic one or if you were taking a big party of your own :thumbsup:

Archived