Police metal detector at Cineworld, Friday 13th March?

DoreOwl

Did anyone else get stopped by Police when entering Cineworld at Centertainment on Friday evening, around 6:15pm? Just walked through the doors and they requested we went through their metal detector, didn't tell me what is was there for.

Did anyone else get stopped by Police when entering Cineworld at Centertainment on Friday evening, around 6:15pm? Just walked through the doors and they requested we went through their metal detector, didn't tell me what is was there for.

Detecting metal :hihi:

They were testing it out on site that evening, and as it began raining they sought somewhere else to run the trial of it, so we said they could set it up inside the building.

It was not any form of comment about our customers, purely a test of the device as a matter of site security to see how they work, what they do, etc.

The big question is......did the alarm go off when you walked through? :)

yeah me and my g/f went and got stopped, i asked them and they said that it is a thing that they are doing all over sheffield, they are randomly popping up at places and setting them up, its only meant to be for one nyt at a time and not a perminant thing. thats wot the police said anyway

Archived