Church now demolished on Burngreave Rd/Spital Hill

Eejay

• 8 years later...
Does anyone remember the church that stood opposite to the vestry hall burngreave rd/top of spital hill?:

It was the Wicker Congregational Church and was not in the Wicker. It was at the triangle of Burngreave Road, Gower Street and Ellesmere Road and demolished in 1965.

Oh thanks. I was looking for Christ Church Pitsmoor, and I thought well it’s Pitsmoor so that must have been it. But my husband’s just come in and told me which was actually Christ Church (he lived on Abbeyfield Road) and I realised that I spent hours waiting for a bus to Shirecliffe outside Christ Church without realising that my great-uncle’s name was on their memorial! I only found out lastyear that I was connected to anyone in WWl. Thanks for your help.

Thanks for your help.

Oh thanks. I was looking for Christ Church Pitsmoor, and I thought well it’s Pitsmoor so that must have been it. But my husband’s just come in and told me which was actually Christ Church (he lived on Abbeyfield Road) and I realised that I spent hours waiting for a bus to Shirecliffe outside Christ Church without realising that my great-uncle’s name was on their memorial! I only found out lastyear that I was connected to anyone in WWl. Thanks for your help.

Thanks for your help.

Just to add. There were two churches of similar names in that vicinity: Christ Church Methodist (the one you meant) at Christ Church Road / Burngreave Road and Christ Church at Pitsmoor Road and Notttingham Street which is C of E and is still there.

yes we played in there too we found an old collection thing full off cash only coins we went to chippy best fish and chips we ever had :D

---------- Post added 22-12-2017 at 19:56 ----------

think is was jimmy childs what demolished it or was it whites cant remember but it did not last long with the big wreaking ball thing