Come back Simunye, all is forgiven

Sara

:( Am I the only person really missing Simunye - hurry up folks and get the new place ready. I'm missing my Wednesday coffee and cake sessions and my maternity leave will end soon (although I have shown my Mum where you are)

Sure, Simunye is the amazing co-operative Cafe on London Road next to wasabi sabi . Its non-profit making and is supported by EU money and Sure Start money, it is the most culturally diverse and interesting place I have ever been. They have a great range of world music, do club nights, african drumming sessions, run a baby cafe on Thursday morning with a resident breast feeding councellor and the most amazing atmopshere I've come accross.

I found out about them from a notice in my doctors surgery about the baby cafe and went along with my hubby on a Saturday to get a feel for the place. It was only small but within half an hour nearly everyone in there had been over to our table to chat and say hi.

last month Simunye closed to move to new premises just a few doors down and hasn't yet opened

• 1 month later...

Archived