Nonnas on Ecclesall Road

SuzyQ

I went to Nonna's first time ever this Sunday and I must say I was SOOOO disappointed. Average food, no smoking allowed and rude waiters (language barrier not acceptable excuse!!!).

And who in their right mind would put a flammable curtain next to the only area where you can smoke in the whole place.

I am most definately joining the Chrystal fan club since, food, service and vibe are much better and they will even bring an ashtray after every fag.

Originally posted by ZEDEX48K

Hey I have a Vauxhall!, nothing wrong with them

I never said there was - just a bit of fun. Swap Vauxhall for any other normal car. The point being those sat in the windows of Nonna's, pretending to be IT, are simply as boring as you and I, and not the millionaire row dah-lings they'd like us to think they are.

Originally posted by nick2

I do find it amusing how middle-aged couples go to Nonnas and sit and read the paper ignoring each other, surely they could do that at home ?

Nah, you're not watching closely enough Nick.

The guys who 'appear' to be reading The Observer are infect diverting their eyes to the pavement outside and eyeing up the totty.

Middle aged fellas drooling over 20 year old girls?

If I continue this I might get my own bod down there and join'em:thumbsup:

Nonnas food as always been exceltant whenever i have been. I admit it can sometimes get a few people in there who seem to 'want to be seen' as someone has already said. However, i don't really get hung up on this. Just enjoy it for what it is!

There does seem to be a tiny section of the forum who want to rubbish anything that is considered 'trendy' or for 'yuppies', i.e. nonnas, city centre living, trendy bars etc.

Live and let live!

Originally posted by Elitest

The tiny Pasta Bar on Sharrow Vale Road is farrrrrrrrrrrr superior, although again the chairs are uncomfortable.:P

Disagree, I'd rather stay at home than eat their chewy, stodgy not at all nice pasta. Cheap though, but still not great value for money.

Archived