Your memories of the sheffield "tigers" speedway

mh01

One riders stick out in my mind Dougie Wyer in the 70s +

I once went out on a rideout with him on his road bike a few years ago.

He could certainly ride that too,quick but safe!!!!

See Dougie now and then down at smc bikes, he rides an hyabusa..Fastest production rd bike in the world.!

I keep joking that as long as there left hand bends he's cool...But on a right hand bend.???..he gets the joke ...decent guy all round. And yes he is a fast rider.!

jt

1960 I think can't recall any of the names though :hihi:

Joan the Poole team of 1960 would have been made up of any of the following Tony Lewis, Ross Gilbertson, Ken Middleditch, Geoff Mudge, Allan Kidd, Norman Strachan, Charlie Wallis, Jimmy Gleed, Gerry Bridson or Dave Dodd. Sheffield from Tony Robinson, Jack Kitchen, Stuart Hickman, Jack Winstanley, Malcolm Bruce, Alf Parker, Derrol Melbin, Terry Turner, or Bernard McArthur, Len Williams rode eight times for the Tigers that year but only once away and I think that was at Bradford. The score Poole 50 - Tigers 21 the return was Tigers 29 - poole 41.

Joan the Poole team of 1960 would have been made up of any of the following Tony Lewis, Ross Gilbertson, Ken Middleditch, Geoff Mudge, Allan Kidd, Norman Strachan, Charlie Wallis, Jimmy Gleed, Gerry Bridson or Dave Dodd. Sheffield from Tony Robinson, Jack Kitchen, Stuart Hickman, Jack Winstanley, Malcolm Bruce, Alf Parker, Terry Turner, or Bernard McArthur, Len Williams rode eight times for the Tigers that year but only once away and I think that was at Bradford. The score Poole 50 - Tigers 21 the return was Tigers 29 - poole 41.
eyup SSB ken middleditch had a son neil who also rode for poole he's now the current team manager down there

Joan the Poole team of 1960 would have been made up of any of the following Tony Lewis, Ross Gilbertson, Ken Middleditch, Geoff Mudge, Allan Kidd, Norman Strachan, Charlie Wallis, Jimmy Gleed, Gerry Bridson or Dave Dodd. Sheffield from Tony Robinson, Jack Kitchen, Stuart Hickman, Jack Winstanley, Malcolm Bruce, Alf Parker, Terry Turner, or Bernard McArthur, Len Williams rode eight times for the Tigers that year but only once away and I think that was at Bradford. The score Poole 50 - Tigers 21 the return was Tigers 29 - poole 41.

Wow you know your stuff don't you. A couple of the names jump out but probably cos I read something or saw something on the news...yesterday they were talking about the new season starting later this month and it being a double act with the Pirates and Bournemouth Buccaneers.....:?::huh:

Wow you know your stuff don't you. A couple of the names jump out but probably cos I read something or saw something on the news...yesterday they were talking about the new season starting later this month and it being a double act with the Pirates and Bournemouth Buccaneers.....:?::huh:
pooles 1st meeting is tomorrow night its bjarne pedersens testimonial at home to newcastle, bjarne is gonna be riding for newcastle though as it was the team he 1st rode for when riding in england

does anyone remember the hungarian who lived in sheffield sandor levai? i think he rode for cradley i cant remember who else he rode for his 1st wife still lives at chapeltown,i know he rode at owlerton a few times but other than that i dont know much about him if anyone has any stats

Archived