Seattle foodie interested in "must visit" eats

blenz

Yes it was lovely. However it could have just been taken that little bit further with some veg - which costs the business no more than 50p a plate and does make all the difference.

At the end of the day, you can pay whatever you like. I have spent £180 on a meal for two there but again - was left disappointed which made me yet more puzzled about the place. Spending loads doesn't necessarily mean that it was good.

The Milestone have been sneaking in cheaper and cheaper cuts and reducing portion sizes, while maintaining a high price. I mean cmon - pigs head is on the menu now! No doubt it is beautifully prepared but can you see what I mean?

I remember the days (only back in 2007) of the Rib Eye Steak sandwich for £9.95. That was simply wonderful. The place has slowly been twisting it's yuppie audience who don't know better.

Anyway - Mr / Mrs Seattle, do try the Milestone and see what you think!

You could try the Coach & Horses at Dronfield. They have excellent home cooked food. The food policy is that of Emma Harrison from Thornbridge Hall. She is fanatical about home produced food made from locally sourced ingredients.

I have only been back in the UK for a few days, but I made a point of trying the place, and it seems every bit as good as good as it was last year.

Yes, the Coach & Horses at Dronfield is a good little pub, I'd second that. Friendly staff, good quality food and top notch beer from Thornbridge Hall Brewery. It's only a small place though, so reservations are essential!

Coach & Horses is on Sheffield Road next to the Sheffield FC football ground (oldest football club in the world), buses 43 and 44 stop right outside.

Archived