Shiny sheff name change

Herbert

Originally posted by goldenfleece

3 Merry lads also does a SUPERB SUnday roast....and they take the plastic

Been there many a time on a Sunday. Why, you might even have had the 'pleasure' of listening to me (solo or otherwise) strumming an acoustic guitar sat outside on a sunny day.

Whilst the Sunday roast is normally excellent, I do find that for every 5 meals I have in the 3 Merry Lads, I always have one that's a shocker! Still, it can't be that bad because my family must eat there once every three weeks on average.

Honestly, we're getting more idle the week. Might sell our kitchen soon, it never gets used.

Also the Sportsamn is £1 cheaper...who pays for sunday lunch with plastic anyway.... I like the 3ML ...sort of...but I find the barstaff a bit snotty to be honest...nice paintings tho !

Originally posted by Ousetunes

Been there many a time on a Sunday. Why, you might even have had the 'pleasure' of listening to me (solo or otherwise) strumming an acoustic guitar sat outside on a sunny day.

Whilst the Sunday roast is normally excellent, I do find that for every 5 meals I have in the 3 Merry Lads, I always have one that's a shocker! Still, it can't be that bad because my family must eat there once every three weeks on average.

Honestly, we're getting more idle the week. Might sell our kitchen soon, it never gets used.

Used to go in there all the time.. when there still was a 'shiny sheff'... I used to love it when the crew of the HMS Sheffield would come in after their trip in to town.. I would get drunk and try to get the captain to tell me where they were sailing to next, kind of thing,... he never would.

Loving the 3ML more than ever these days!!

leddi - I like all three pubs up on Hallam but I'd class the Sheff as my local. Whilst it is expensive it's becoming a really relaxing place to go. They will be putting the decking up on the front soon and that should be lovely on a summer's evening. All the overgrown plants have been removed round the car-park and I hope more people start to give the place another chance.

The Three Merry Lads is great, good place to take the kids. More often than not the food is very good and if you are a lover of Rioja wine, then the gaffer (John) always has a decent bottle.

The Sportsman is homely and traditional. Personally, I rate their food the best and again, personally their beer range is more to my liking (Magnet and TT Landlord). And 'Bruce's' carvery on Sunday is superb.

They've recently had the upholstery renewed and they're laying new carpets soon.

All in all, we're quite lucky with these pubs because each one offers something different to the others.

Roll on 4 o'clock and I'll be enjoying a Stella in the Sheff!

• 3 months later...

I almost fell off of my seat on the bus the other day on my return from a friends house as i gazed out of the window toward the shiny sheff. They have changed the name to The Sheffield and given it a rubbish sign with a rubbish logo! When did this happen???????????

Archived