Has anyone eaten at Vitos or Vittorias?

Springtime

Do you mean Vitos on South Road in Walkley? If so, have eaten here many times. The food is great and has an authentic Italian feel about it - there's a much wider variety of meat and fish dishes that you would normally expect to find at many Italian restaurants. These do tend to be a little pricier than most, but the pasta and pizza dishes are competitively priced. Can't fault the servie - always had friendly and efficient waiters.

I can second that, assuming that's the Vitos you mean. I've been there a few times and always found the staff to be really nice (positively friendly rather than just courteous), the atmosphere relaxed and the food top-notch. It's also the only restaurant in Sheffield where I've actually wanted something on the dessert menu, not usually being a dessert fan. It's not the cheapest place in town, but it's worth the few quid extra in my opinion

I went to Vittorias on Saturday eve. I was highly disappointed.

Nice place but the people next to us were answering their mobile phones!! Starter was nice - crispy squid, the wine I picked was nice but the main meal: Lamb in red wine jus' was dire. The lamb didn't taste of anything, small thin overcooked pieces. The red cabbage tasted sharply of vineger and I was overall not impressed. As soon as I had put my cutlery down the waitress came over and took our plates away and brought the dessert menu. I felt I was rushed. So, I won't be going back there! :mad:

Maybe you should give Vitos a go instead. I've never felt rushed there, even on Valentines day when they were packed!

Sadly, there's little that a restaurant can do to stop customers talking loudly on mobile phones - it's down to individual courtesy, and there's little of that around these days!