Bungalows & bears

chris1983

have to agree with the majority of people on this thread. B&B is a great place to go at any time of the day. Not many places can you go to a bar in the day for a game of scrabble and get some work done as well as having a pint.

I love the lounge bar atmosphere and the independant feel that you seldom get anywhere else in the city centre.

re: the graphiti in the mens, yes it is covered, but they are clean. I think its a good move from the management not to clean the actual graphitti as it would obviously just get covered again, some people will probably find it a unique feature of the place and it doesn't trouble me really. I also love the background sounds played in the toilets...

I really like Bungalows, the food is absolutely amazing as far as pub grub goes but I think in the midst of a recession they need to knock a quid or so off prices and 50 pence or so off on drinks.

if you ask for a regulars card (free) at the bar you get a quid off certain pints I think.

Originally Posted by Stockers

Thats the dump you've got to get on the guest list for by going in, in the afternoon.

They make out its some exclusive club but it always looks full of the in crowd pretentious t0ssers to me!!!

Give me the new Frog and Parrot over B&B anyday.

I'm not sure its that pretentious, no more than most so called "classy" places in the city centre. There is no dress code, just a sensible weekend door policy that seems to work IMO. Theres usually only one bouncer and hes not on until the evening so not sure why you had problems getting in on an afternoon.

have to agree with the majority of people on this thread. B&B is a great place to go at any time of the day. Not many places can you go to a bar in the day for a game of scrabble and get some work done as well as having a pint.

I love the lounge bar atmosphere and the independant feel that you seldom get anywhere else in the city centre.

re: the graphiti in the mens, yes it is covered, but they are clean. I think its a good move from the management not to clean the actual graphitti as it would obviously just get covered again, some people will probably find it a unique feature of the place and it doesn't trouble me really. I also love the background sounds played in the toilets...

if you ask for a regulars card (free) at the bar you get a quid off certain pints I think.

I'm not sure its that pretentious, no more than most so called "classy" places in the city centre. There is no dress code, just a sensible weekend door policy that seems to work IMO. Theres usually only one bouncer and hes not on until the evening so not sure why you had problems getting in on an afternoon.

I've had a bungalows regulars' card since it opened; never knew it entitled you to a drinks discount!

And I'd choose it over F+P anyday of the week. F+P used to be brilliant before the refurb but it just looks like another run of the mill townie pub cum bar now. Having said that, the beer garden is one of the best in the city centre so it's worth popping in for an afternoon bevvie and jacket spud just for that. Not so keen on the place in the evenings though, there's always seems to be a lot of agressive types in and I never feel comfortable. Last time I went in a 10 man brawl errupted (this was on a Sunday night) and the pub got trashed and about 20 police turned up in a dozen vans and cars. I've been loathe to revisit in the evening since. There is so much that could be good about the place if it had a clearer sense of identity though and I hope it has an auspicious future.

Archived