Google street view of Sheffield

It was done last summer, between July and August. My car has it's steering lock on it. I only ever use the steering lock on my car when I'm on holiday and the only time I was on holiday last year (sans car) was from mid July to mid August.

I don't get why people don't like this. It's no more an invasion of your privacy than me driving down your street in my car. Only then I'd be able to see your face and your car reg.

Looks like it was July / August 2008. If anyone can tell me the colours of the various University of Sheffield graduation gowns you could work out the exact day from this view!

http://www.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Sheffield&sll=53.382407,-1.484399&sspn=0.006745,0.01384&g=Brook+Hill,+Sheffield&ie=UTF8&ll=53.381402,-1.487103&spn=0,359.956012&z=15&layer=c&cbll=53.38135,-1.487282&panoid=ih2PlhR_ze8JSB_32oJrlg&cbp=12,208.4198627013823,,0,0.09109472490073768

I could well be in that crowd somewhere.

This is brilliant.. I went onto my old road, and my ex neighbour is out in front of his garage mending a jeepy thing, and in my old house, I zoomed into the window and saw the little lad thats living there now, peeking out.. :D

Right, just heard on Hallam FM that they're going to tell us something good we can do on google..

How much are you betting that they've been on here, seen this thread, and are going to tell people you can see you street like this on google..

Hmmm.. We'll see in a minute or two...