Google street view of Sheffield

Still it'll be handy for burglars, who'll be able to plan their escape route from your house from the comfort of their laptop.

The images have great potential. They should be illegal due to their militarial importance if you ask me.

What a load of old cobblers.

Would you stop people walking past your house, in case they were planning to rob your stuff?

id question them if they were stood outside for ages eyeing up the property.. while looking on the net, they can zoom in and look for aslong as you want without you even knowing.

id question them if they were stood outside for ages eyeing up the property.. while looking on the net, they can zoom in and look for aslong as you want without you even knowing.

Street View has been available in the US for ages now. Can you point me to one shred of evidence that a crime/burglary has been committed as a result of it? I haven't looked, but I'd be astounded if you could.

ive just been quoting from "The times" newspaper website, about that theres supposed to be alot of uproar about it. They mention things like invading privacy etc, there is even a mention about people taking them to court in america, because one person was supposed to be in hiding (protection by the police) and they have ended up been photographed and the person she was hiding from has caught up with her, :D

Personally i think i would use it, i was just wondering what other people thought about the "privacy" like what has suddenly hit the news, in both UK and america.

mention things like invading privacy etc, there is even a mention about people taking them to court in america, because one person was supposed to be in hiding (protection by the police) and they have ended up been photographed and the person she was hiding from has caught up with her

Sources for this scaremongering? Some people have nothing better to do than find fault and "privacy issues" with every little thing. It's a wonder the postie is allowed to look at your letters. After all, there's no LIMIT to what he could do with all them names and addresses... :rolleyes:

Have you actually looked at the Street View in Google? Every face is blurred, as well as every number plate. I'd be very surprised if a stalker could recognise anyone, never mind the exact person they were looking for.