What does everyone think about Bar Max?

Fatty_G

Everytime i walk down West Street on a night out i've noticed that everyone steers clear of Bar Max, anyone know why?? For a bar in it's position on West Street with a late license it should be heaving ... anyone out there like it??

We've actually had a couple of group bookings there & I have to say they have been brilliant. It's a good size venue, with a late licence & they're very accomodating. But like you I've always got the impression (despite the fact they've been drefurbished recently) they're one to be avoided & I don't know why.

Not the greatest bar - there is nothing special that stands out about it - they don't have great music, no interesting beers, no special atmosphere... and gives the impression of being a bit rough - last time I was in there someone tried to pick a fight with my friend for no reason!

Looking at the title of the thread I wouldn't say I hated Bar Max. However there is nothing special about it that makes me want to go there, I am also wary of about people trying to pick fights with my friends in there previously.

It's only a few minutes longer walk to the much better Sharkeys Bar.

I went there last weekend and loved the fact that it was quiet! The staff were friendly and for me, it had a mediterranean feel to it...the only thing that was horrid was the toilets (as explained in the Walkabout thred!).

Archived