So how can the government fiddle the unemployment lists this time around ?

Best way to actually reduce the unemployment list would be to reduce the retirement age to 60, let the older folk enjoy a longer retirement and free up millions of jobs for younger healthyer workers. :thumbsup:

And pay for it with what? We can't afford to pay a state pension with a retirement age of 65 even before the Government deficit goes through the stratosphere.

What do you think the impact of news like this will be?

And pay for it with what? We can't afford to pay a state pension with a retirement age of 65 even before the Government deficit goes through the stratosphere.

They would pay for it with the millions of pounds that they would otherwise be paying in unemployment benefit.

Oh no! I was really enjoying this lovely sunny day, then I innocently clicked on your link and now I'm so depressed I'm off to hang myself.

Welcome to TrickyWorld, where the sun never shines........

Oh no! I was really enjoying this lovely sunny day, then I innocently clicked on your link and now I'm so depressed I'm off to hang myself.

Welcome to TrickyWorld, where the sun never shines........

Oh please don't. You remind me of Pollyanna, played by the lovely Hayley Mills, always looking for the positive and ignoring the negative. You're at about the point where she falls out of the tree and is crippled for life. But she could see the funny side and so can you.

All the best,

Tricky.

Oh please don't. You remind me of Pollyanna, played by the lovely Hayley Mills, always looking for the positive and ignoring the negative. You're at about the point where she falls out of the tree and is crippled for life. But she could see the funny side and so can you.

All the best,

Tricky.

And you remind me of Marvin the Paranoid Android, voiced by the lovely Burt Reynolds, always looking for the negative and ignoring the positive. You're at about the point where the lights went out in his eyes for absolutely the very last time ever. But he could see the depressing side and so can you.

All the best

Basil

:P

Cant think of anything worse than having to retire at 60. In any case that is where all the experience is.We cant afford to not have experience in the workforce.

More encouragement should be given to persuade people to become self employed. Most people have a skill can that can be utilised to develop a business. If there is a market for it.It isnt rocket science!

Here's a way the government can (and are) hiding the unemployment figures... Anyone who is part of a couple where one partner is on minimum wage or higer is being refused job seekers allowance and told not to sign on thus keeping them off any data base of the unemployed (atleast thats what they did to my partner - even when i was on statutary maternity pay).

Archived