Best Tapas restaurant in Sheffield??

Springtime

The problem is, in this country we do tapas all wrong, we go into a restaurant , sit down at a table, order half a dozen different dishes, then eat it like you would a meal, then complain that the portions weren't very big and it was expensive for what you ordered. The whole point of tapas is to go into a bar and have a drink and have a bit of something to eat with it and then perhaps move onto another one ie like they do in Spain which is the only place to really enjoy the tapas experience, but if you must go out for tapas then the Mediterranean on Sharrow Vale was the first and probably still the best but La Tasca is a joke

There isn't such a thing as a Tapas Restaurant :mad: Tapas is eaten in bars, where you order a drink and you get a plate of Tapas, order another drink, then another plate different of course comes too. Then you keep on with it. if you want a meal go to a restaurant, not an Anglicized dump, that someone who has been to Benidorm thinks is a tapas restaurant

WOW, must be really cool to be in the " Know " Teddie. LMFAO.... in Spain ( including Benidorm ) bars and restaurants generally are the same LOL,,,,, you can get a small tapas ( Raciones ) or large tapas that are more like a meal.....

Craig.

Platillos in Leopold Sq is quite nice. Probably the closest I've tasted to 'proper' tapas anywhere in Sheffield, but everyone's tastes and expectations are different it seems - so maybe 'the closest I've tasted to the tapas I ate in the numerous bars and restaurants I visited with Spanish friends when I lived in Spain' would be a better description.

Archived