Pub Grub recommendations around Woodseats

Since moving back to Sheffield 18 months ago, we have yet to find a local pub that does good quality nosh - they all seem to be cheap and cheerful, or part of some chain (or both....).

For those that know the Chesterfield area, I'm thinking of places like the Britannia, in Brampton which does excellent traditional pub nosh like pie chips and peas, or the Old Pump at Barlow, which is more expensive but high quality.

We've tried the Dore Moor, the Dore Grill, the Norton, the Robin Hood and a few others that I forget, and haven't been particularly impressed with any of them.

Does anyone have any recommendations? Preferably within 10-15 minutes drive of Woodseats, and not part of a chain.

Rose and crown or Cricketers which are in totley(im sure its classed at totley) Driveing out towards owlerbar before leaving sheffield you pass two pubs on opposite sides of the road(dunno what theyre called) and its 1st right after that and that road takes you to the rose and crown then 1st left after that and that'll take you to the cricketers.Hope this helps

id say door moor is the best one round, foods lovely, but if your just looking for a sarnie and cake just go to woodseats deli and sandwhich bar, know the owners lovely fresh baked cakes and pastries everyday:thumbsup:

If you're in woodseats, you could pop into the Dil Shad, a great indian restaurant. Which is very close to the chantrey, the woodseats and the palace. I haven't been myself yet but have heard it is very good and will be going in a couple of weeks. And there's Kitos which is bang opposite the Woodseats. Has a fine reputation for it's mediterranean food going back years. There are other resteraunts too, including the Blue Room which is an english, but I believe it is very expensive.

Archived